Certified Surgical Technician
Company: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description ***Now Offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus***HCA
Florida Lake Monroe Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and
Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and west
Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service
cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open
heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology,
cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other
specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic
surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and -complete
imaging services. HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital is located 3.6
miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The
hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well
as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford.
-For more information, please visit -.Position Description
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical
procedures contributing to achievement of established OR
goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing
instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares
surgical specimen for laboratory analysis
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in
anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety
standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of
all surgical instrumentation and scopes. - Applies the principles
of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain
optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure
accurate surgical counts. - Demonstrates knowledge of hospital
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a
quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others
in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other
members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech Program
- 1-3 years of experience as a surgical tech is preferred.
- Current BLS, or BLS Instructor- through the American Heart
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or TS-C
(Tech in Surgery- Certified) from the National Center for
competency testing (NCCT).
- Skills: critical thinking, service excellence and good
interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend
written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC
skills. - We are committed to providing our employees with the
support they need. At HCA Florida Lake Monroe -Hospital, we offer
an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several
add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to
you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)**If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
Keywords: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---, Sanford , Certified Surgical Technician, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!