Patient Care Technician
Company: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description $1000 Sign On BonusHCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital,
a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves
the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital
provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole
and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional
cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and
comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services
include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient
medical rehabilitation and -complete imaging services. HCA Florida
Lake Monroe Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R.
46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7
emergency care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER
located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. -For more
information, please visit -.Position Description: -The Patient Care
Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by
performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services
related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists
the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the
PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and
consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT
complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the
State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.Position
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. - Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. - Assists with discharges. -
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. - Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively. -
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. -
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
relaying messages. Position Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), CNA
Training Program preferred.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting
- Licensure: Certified Nursing Assistant in State of Florida
- Certification: Current BLS required. - We are committed to
providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Lake
Monroe Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)**If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
Keywords: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---, Sanford , Patient Care Technician, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!