Certified Surgical Technician PRN
Company: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital, a 221-bed acute
care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of
Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only
full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia,
including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology,
electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive
diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic
and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient medical
rehabilitation and -complete imaging services. HCA Florida Lake
Monroe Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46
and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency
care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER located at 4525
International Parkway in Sanford. -For more information, please
visit -.Position Summary: - -Under the supervision of the OR staff,
assists in the delivery of patient care during the interoperative
phase according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
-You are expected to smile! - -Essential Functions: -
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical
procedures contributing to achievement of established OR
goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing
instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares
surgical specimen for laboratory analysis
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in
anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety
standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of
all surgical instrumentation and scopes. - Applies the principles
of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain
optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure
accurate surgical counts. - Demonstrates knowledge of hospital
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a
quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others
in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other
members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech Program
- 1-3 years of experience as a surgical tech is preferred.
- Current BLS, or BLS Instructor- through the American Heart
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or TS-C
(Tech in Surgery- Certified) from the National Center for
competency testing (NCCT).
- Skills: critical thinking, service excellence and good
interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend
written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC
Keywords: HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital---, Sanford , Certified Surgical Technician PRN, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!