Certified Medication Technician - overnight - 11p-7a
Company: Renaissance Retirement Center
Posted on: June 14, 2022
OverviewIn accordance with established company policies and
procedures, the Certified Medication Technician is responsible for
safe administration of prescribed medications and treatments as
listed on Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Treatment
Administration Record (TAR). The Certified Medication Technician
provides personal are and nursing care to residents as
needed/assigned and ensures delivery of care and services to
residents in the community to include Activities of Daily Living
(ADLs), room cleanliness, scheduled activities and dining services
and individual service plan need of each assigned
- Administer medications safely ensuring the six rights of
medication administration are followed.
- Count and sign approved form, all narcotics with approved
personal before accepting medication keys. Alert Director of Health
and Wellness (DHW) immediately with discrepancies.
- Order medication and treatments from appropriate pharmacy or
notify responsible party when supply is no less than 7 days.
- Notify DHW or Executive Director (ED) when supply is less than
two days and medicine has not been received.
- Receive and verify medicine received is accurate according to
pharmacy label and MAR. Notify pharmacy and DHW of
- Store medications properly and ensure lotions, ointments, and
liquids stored separately from oral medications.
- Date appropriate vials/bottles at time of initial opening and
follow pharmacy protocol on length of time they can be used.
- Inspect medications weekly to ensure expired medications are
- Verify current MARs are compared to new MARs at change over
time and notify DHW of discrepancies.
- Remove discontinued medication from medication cart and give to
- Provide personal care to residents including, but not limited
to, bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, grooming, dressing,
incontinence care, eating, etc.
- Provide general nursing care including, but not limited to
vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, and weight.
- Document appropriate information in daily log as required,
notify Shift Supervisor (SS) and DHW of concerns.
- Answer calls and assist residents with needs as assigned.
- Follow company standards, policies and practices to include,
but not limited to, attendance, dress code, etc.
- Assist in dining room with setting tables, serving meals. and
clearing dining room as assigned.
- Assist with scheduled activities and housekeeping as
- Relieve SS, Attendants, or other direct care staff for breaks
- Clean medicine carts daily at end of shift and restock as
- Perform weekly deep cleaning of medicine carts.
- Attend and participate in staff training and in-services.
- Current First Aid Training required.
- Act as a shift supervisor in emergencies or as directed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records to include preparation of medical
charts for new admissions and readmissions and ensure medical
record is complete within forty-eight (48) hours as Policy and
Procedure (P&P) and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform all duties in adherence of established policies and
procedures, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and report for duty as
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current Medication Technician Certification as per state
- Organize and manage multiple priorities in an efficient
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills
including ability to speak and write effectively in English.
- Commit and adhere to company values and policies.
- Basic computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Successfully complete the Medical Technician class.
- High school graduate with minimum of one year working with a
senior population with strong interest in medical administrative
- Must be a strong team player.
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures to ensure HIPAA and
Morningside House standards are always met or
exceeded.QualificationsLevel of Formal Education: High school
diploma or GEDSkills and Ability: Customer service skillsBenefits
DescriptionSenior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to
eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement
benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid
time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus
based on their position. All Senior Lifestyle positions are
eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access
your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior
Lifestyle requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all employees
because of our commitment to the health and safety of our
residents, their family members, and all of our team members.
Keywords: Renaissance Retirement Center, Sanford , Certified Medication Technician - overnight - 11p-7a, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!