Company: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Posted on: June 13, 2022
HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital
and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and
west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service
cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open
heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology,
cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other
specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic
surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and complete
imaging services. HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital is located 3.6
miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The
hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well
as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford.
For more information, please visit
Description: *Under general supervision this position is
responsible for corrective and preventive maintenance on all fixed
and movable facility assets. Individuals in this position provides
a safe and comfortable work environment for employees, patients and
visitors by maintaining repairs and maintenance of heating,
ventilation & air conditioning and refrigeration equipment for the
hospital, grounds and hospital properties. The position's tasks and
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and
working condition; maintains routine records and determines type
and extent of malfunction of equipment and, as necessary, adjusts,
disassembles and repairs or replaces parts or components,
reassembles and tests for proper operation. Reports more serious
problems to supervisor for instructions or maintenance
- Perform a variety of general semi-skilled maintenance,
alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as
assigned or in accordance to basic skills and abilities, and
standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturers instructions.
- Assist with routine electrical maintenance, replacement or
alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and
mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances,
fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- General mechanical maintenance of hospital and kitchen
equipment, office machines and equipment, etc.
- General plumbing maintenance maintain, repair and make
alterations to steam, gas, water, air and sanitary plumbing pipes
and fixtures. Bend, cut, ream and thread pipe, wipe joints, test
joints and pipe systems for leaks. Repair and replace valves,
repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
- General welding welding, cutting, joining metals not requiring
critical test tolerance or certification.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair
and assembling extension cords, replacing fuses, fluorescent
ballast and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery.
Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves, assemble
equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related items.
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests components necessary to
operate and maintain indoor air quality, test water and steam
p-ring, all gas systems and boiler room systems. Repair and
maintain all air conditioning, heating, ventilation (including
supply, return, exhaust air) equipment and systems and
refrigeration equipment as assigned by supervisor or director.
- Immediately identifies, sequesters and informs the Plant
Supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Achieves to reduce maintenance and utility costs through
improved operational procedures and timely completion of
- Reviews all work orders and immediately calls to the attention
of the supervisor all orders which cannot be completed.
- Records data as required on equipment logs.
- Performs preventative maintenance and testing of the emergency
generators, transfer switches and associated equipment to NFPA
standards.We are committed to providing our employees with the
support they need. At West Florida Hospital, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)Job: *Facilities Mgmt
Plant Ops & Security Title: Maintenance Mechanic Location:
Florida-Sanford-HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital Requisition ID:
Keywords: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America, Sanford , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!