Patient Care Technician
Company: Central Florida Regional Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital
and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and
west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service
cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open
heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology,
cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other
specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic
surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and complete
imaging services. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6
miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The
hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well
as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford.
For more information, please visit
Central Florida Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Patient
Care Tech to join our team. This position will be Part-Time, Nights
and will have rotating weekend requirements.
Position Description: The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers
high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of
delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing
functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of
the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in
providing patient care in accordance with the PCT's skills/training
and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the
patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and
safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital
policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules
for unlicensed personnel.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
relaying messages.QualificationsPosition Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), CNA
Training Program preferred.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting
- Licensure: Certified Nursing Assistant in State of Florida
- Certification: Current BLS required.You are worth more than a
paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life, Disability
- And much more!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
NoticeOur Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Central Florida Regional Hospital, Sanford , Patient Care Technician, Professions , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!