SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital
and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and
West Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service
cardiovascular program in Seminole and West Volusia, including
open-heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology,
cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other
specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic
surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging
services and The Baby Suites.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of
I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital
provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well as at
Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. For
more information, please visit www.CentralFloridaRegional.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: Real-Time monitoring of staff efficiency,
patterns, and time management related to patient treatment and
movement through the Emergency Department. Assist in reducing our
patients overall wait times through the ED. Monitoring of standard
treatment /benchmark criteria set by facility Senior Leadership to
reduce occurrences of defined outliers or negative QA evaluations.
Data collection of various metrics will be reported to Senior
Our Emergency Department consists of 34 beds
Education, Licensure, and Certifications:
• Associates Degree in related field.
• Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact
licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required
within 90 days of hire. (9/5/18); or ARNP (3/2016)
• Current- BLS, ACLS, PALS, (or BLS, ACLS PALS Instructor
Experience/Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Five years healthcare experience in an Emergency Room.
• Minimum of one year in a leadership role.
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills; Strong team
player, collaborative working style.
• Computer Skills.
• Commitment to excellence and performance improvement.
• Ability to meet the public professionally and courteously, as
well physicians and other healthcare team members.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to synthesize basic data and translate it into
• Analytical skills including a working knowledge of basic
statistics and statistical analysis methodologies.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Assist the Emergency Department Charge Nurse with proper
patient placement and facilitate patient movement throughout the
• Monitor ED constantly for ways to increase efficiency in
• Ensure department is properly equipped at all times.
• Open communication with and assist Unit Secretary as
• Monitor wait times of test results (i.e. Labs, X-Rays) to
including contacting physicians and departments as needed.
• Data collection of studies and timekeeping.
• Attend meetings as requested on all ED subject matters to
include reporting of data collected.
• Make recommendations to leadership based off findings through
data collection or experience to enhance current processes or
create new practices to better serve customers, staff, and hospital
• Continuously communicates with ED Charge Nurse on changes,
influxes of patients, and opportunities identified in the flow
• Round in all the Emergency Department areas every 2 hours with
ED Charge Nurse.
• Monitor Emergency Department waiting room for surge
• Continuous communication with Triage staff to ensure
appropriate placement of patients in the Conveyance model.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Enjoy the following benefits
Your benefits include:
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
• Employee discount program
• Employee stock purchase program
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.