Posted on: May 26, 2023
The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network (MHCCN) is actively seeking
hematologist-oncologists to join the oncology program at Southern
Maine Health Center (SMHC) at Sanford, ME. Highlights of this
Part of a state wide oncology care program- the MaineHealth Cancer
Care Network (MHCCN)-
- The MHCCN is state wide, integrated care delivery network
across the Southern, Coastal, and Mountain regions of Maine and
eastern New Hampshire. Designed to provide care as close to home as
possible, the network is comprised of 11 hospital partners and
provides comprehensive cancer care to more than 7,400 analytic
cancer patients annually.
- MHCCN is the dominant cancer care provider in the state of
Maine with COC, NAPBC and NAPRC accredited comprehensive cancer
- Fully integrated surgical oncology, radiation oncology,
palliative care, patient support/social worker, nutritionist
- Robust research program through membership of the NCI's
Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). Opportunities to be PI
or sub-PI of clinical trials as well as support for
- A total of 19 dedicated tumor board meetings for multiple
cancer types (brain, head and neck, breast, lung, GI/GU, rectal,
liver cancer, melanoma, sarcoma, neuro-oncology, hematologic
malignancies) in a month.
- Leading edge analytics and metrics including membership of ASCO
CancerLinQ. EPIC EMR system with BEACON, and ClinicalPath
- Faculty position of the Tufts University School of Medicine
(TU). Participation in Maine Health's nascent Hematology-Oncology
Fellowship Program The Oncology/Hematology Practice- SMHC's Cancer
Care program -
- Rapidly growing general oncology practice of two experienced
hematologist-oncologists supported by two APRNs.
- Supported by on-site infusion center, oncology pharmacy staffed
by dedicated pharmacists, nurse navigators, palliative care
providers, social workers and other allied staff.
- On-site radiation oncology department and modern linear
- Supported by tertiary care oncology services available at Maine
Health Cancer Care, South Portland and Maine Medical Center (MMC),
Portland. MMC is the state's leading tertiary care hospital with
700 licensed beds and is fully equipped to manage acute hematology
including malignancies and complex oncology cases.
- This is a full-time position defined as four days a week in the
outpatient clinic setting and one day of administrative time. Part
time option available to accommodate suitable candidates.
- Inpatient care is provided predominantly by hospitalists at the
SMHC, Biddeford, ME.
- Call rotations shared with MHCCN partners at South Portalnd are
approximately one week out of every 10.
- A state of the art, comprehensive cancer center under planning
and construction at Wells, ME will replace the current facilities
at Sanford in 2025-2026. Once open, this custom built facility
incorporating radiation oncology, radiology, laboratory and a full
complement of support services is expected to become the preferred
destination for oncology services in Southern Maine. The region and
- Located next-door to iconic Kennebunk and Kennebunkport.
- Ninety minute drive from Boston and 30 minutes from Portland,
Sanford combines small-town friendliness with proximity to larger
- Four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking,
sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches.
- Great school districts and ideal for raising a family.
- Required Qualification-
- A degree in medicine from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of Residency/Fellowship at an accredited
- Board Certified or Board Eligible for hematology or hematology
- New graduates and those early in their careers are especially
encouraged to apply.
We offer a comprehensive and market competitive benefit package
including malpractice, Medical/Dental/Vision, 403b with match, and
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and CV to Gina
Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter at Gina.Mallozzi@mainehealth.org
Keywords: MaineHealth, Sanford , Physician-Hematologist-Oncologist, Healthcare , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...