Outpatient RN - Med Surg
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Outpatient RNJob Description Sanford, Florida Job ID
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an entry
level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for
Registered Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible for
the provision and coordination of clinically competent care
including assessment planning intervention and evaluation for an
assigned group of patients.
As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) health care team
the CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making teaching leadership
functions and quality improvement activities that enhance patient
care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards
of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Clinical Manager (CM) and with the guidance from the Educator
Preceptor or a CAP RN 2 3 4 or 5 for the first 6 months of
* Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP
level for which they qualify within 24 months from date of
* Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned
patients and documents in the patient medical record adjusts or
modifies the treatment plan as indicated and notifies Team Leader
Charge Nurse Clinical Manager or Physician as needed.
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input.
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Directs and provides in collaboration with direct and ancillary
patient care staff all aspects of the daily provision of safe and
effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to assigned
* Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
* Ensures physician orders for assigned patients are entered and
acknowledged in the Medical Record
* Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
* Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
* Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
* Promotes infection control equipment and environmental
* Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
* Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
appropriate for individual patient education and counseling.
* Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and supplies
* Assists with medication tracking and inventory as assigned.
* Serves as a resource for health care team participates in staff
training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
* Supports and promotes the FMCNA's mission vision values and
customer service philosophy.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This
position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the
employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally
be required to move with assistance machines and equipment of up to
200 lbs. and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs.
as high as 5 feet. The work environment is characteristic of a
health care facility with air temperature control and moderate
noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* Day to day work includes desk work computer work and interaction
with patients facility/hospital staff and physicians. The position
may require travel to training sites or other facilities.
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
* Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in charge after the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees plus
* Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as an RN plus
* Successful completion of 3 months experience in chronic
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with less than 2 years of nephrology nursing
experience within the last two years or for RNs with a BSN and less
than 1 year of nephrology nursing experience within the last two
* Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
* Chronic hemodialysis experience (preferred).
* Successful completion of FKC Education and Training requirements
for new employees.
* Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
* Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
* Successful completion of all annual required
* Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Sanford , Outpatient RN - Med Surg, Healthcare , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!