Company: Wharton-Smith, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Wharton-Smith, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Project
Manager to work in the Water/Wastewater Division in the Sanford, FL
area. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible
for the overall performance of the project(s) from the
estimating/pre-construction phase to successful completion
including safety, owner satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality
- Build strong relationships with client/owner, architect, and
engineer. Ensure they will want to renew the construction
experience with Wharton-Smith.
- Maintain a positive image of the company with clients, vendors,
subcontractors, and team members.
- Partner with Preconstruction Services regarding value
engineering/constructability, soliciting bidders, estimating
assistance, and generating proposals.
- Set up and maintain project cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Support the permitting, testing and inspection requirements of
- Familiar with owner contract requirements and delivery
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and equipment/material
- Develop a Schedule of Values and generate monthly payment
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor
- Track and evaluate subcontractor change management.
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress
meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates,
contract compliance, and warranties.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process
to insure accurate and timely delivery of equipment and
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and
review with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review job progress,
production planning boards, quality of work and safety on the
- Manage change orders, extra work orders, disputed claims, with
owner and owner's representatives to a successful conclusion.
- Resolve major disputes with vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract
- Review and report project financial information, performance,
and any major conflicts to be resolved with Division Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Construction Management, or other relevant degree.
- Must have relevant water/wastewater construction
- Experience in managing self-perform crews is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing leader and team player with five plus years of
experience in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Proven success in the completion of multimillion-dollar
- Computer-based CPM Scheduling Programs
- Construction Management Software
- Microsoft Office Products
- Our recruiting process is centralized and is handled by our HR
Department. If we are sent unsolicited resumes from recruiters, we
will not pay any recruiting fees. Unsolicited resumes are any
resumes sent to us by a recruiter who has not been pre-approved by
HR, has not signed our contract, and has not been requested by our
HR Department to search for a specific position.
Keywords: Wharton-Smith, Inc., Sanford , Project Manager, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!