Store Management - Seminole Town Center, Sanford, FL
Company: Finish Line
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Come work for us!
We are looking for dedicated employees to join our team to help our
customers have the best experience possible every time they enter a
JD Finish Line store.
Our employees are key to our success.
Positions: Assistant Store Manager and Supervisor
Store Management positions (Assistant Store Managers and
Supervisors) will support the Store Manager in all aspects of daily
execution of customer service, sales, and development of personnel
while staying true to the JD Finish Line brand while performing the
- Assists Store Management in all aspects of daily shift
management, including customer relations, inventory control, stock
room, till/point of sale, procedural tasks and paperwork, visual
merchandising, opening and closing the store.
- Trains and coaches store associates to promote and execute
team, store, and company performance.
- Partners with management in planning, implementing, and
executing change in regards to company initiatives in order to
improve organizational performance.
- Supervises shipments deliveries, transfers of merchandise, and
POS in order to produce accurate inventory results.
- Seeks to understand the customer's needs and wants to benefit
the overall customer experience.
- Provides constructive feedback and facilitates conflict to
ensure the growth and collaboration of team members.
- Maintains both individual and shift sales.
- Provides daily shift floor coverage.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment of store
- Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited
to, an in depth knowledge of the store's key performance
indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
- Embraces accountability and sets attainable goals for store
sales, metrics, and personnel development.
- Accountable for key decision making to influence change, sales,
- Provides security & loss prevention in store for accurate
inventory and merchandise flow to minimize company shrink.
- Upholds company policies, procedures, and standards regarding
personal and store sales/performance metrics.
- Assists management with recruiting and interviewing potential
- Accountable for opening and closing store procedures to include
cash reconciliation, banking, reporting, and security.
- Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as required.Required Education
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; 2+ years' experience in
retail leadership strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external
individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written,
electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be
consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the
routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas
beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar
situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Must be
at least 18 years or older.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable
accommodations may be made as related to an employee's religion,
ethnicity, or disability:
- Requires availability during the hours necessary to open and
close the store, which includes mornings, days, and nights,
- Requires a minimum of 5 days of availability.
- Requires availability on weekends and holidays
- Minimum standard of a 30 hour work week.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the
company's policies are required for the position.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers
and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform
business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business
and understand corporate sales reports.Physical Demands:
- Requires standing approximately five to 14 hours per day.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will
work for long periods throughout a one to 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on
customer's feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock
merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in
order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 25 lbs regularly. In certain
circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy
retail setting.Physical Demands The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with
or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional
duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company
The Finish Line, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to complying with all federal, state, and local EEO laws.
The Finish Line, Inc. prohibits discrimination against employees
and applicants for employment based on the individual's race or
color, religion or creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship
status, marital status, sex, pregnancy status, age, military
status, disability, or any other protected characteristic or class
protected by law. The Finish Line, Inc. provides reasonable
accommodation for disabilities in accordance with applicable
Need accessibility assistance to apply?
Applicants who require accessibility assistance to submit an
employment application can either call Finish Line at (317)
613-6890 or email us at email@example.com. A member
of our Talent Acquisition team will respond as soon as reasonably
possible. (This email address and phone number is only for
individuals seeking accommodation when applying for a job.)
Keywords: Finish Line, Sanford , Store Management - Seminole Town Center, Sanford, FL, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!