Director Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $82K-107K per year
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Posted on: September 22, 2022
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg Director for a nursing job in Sanford, Florida.Job Description
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription IntroductionWe are
seeking a(an) Director Med Surg with HCA Florida Lake Monroe
Hospital to promote growth and unlock possibilities. At HCA
Healthcare, we are committed to the care and improvement of human
life. Share your leadership skills and come make a difference with
us!BenefitsHCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.--
We are seeking a(an) Director Med Surg for our team to be an
innovator. HCA Healthcare partners with Harvard Pilgrim Institute
and the CDC to use our data from more than 26 million patient
encounters each year to impact the industry. Come build your career
with us!Job Summary and QualificationsJob Summary: Provide
leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration
and coordination of the unit in support of facility goals dedicated
to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability.
Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient
care through activities based on facility strategic goals and
objectives. What you will do in this role:
- Enhance the department through performance improvement and
appropriate utilization of resources.
- Develop an operational system that supports a seamless flow of
patients through the continuum of care.
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive education program
for patients and staff.
- Collaborate with physicians to provide leadership though out
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding new technology
- Collaborates proactively with all interdisciplinary team
members and with a patient/family focus to facilitate and maximize
client healthcare outcomes. Coordinates multi-disciplinary patient
care conferences for high risk or medically complex patients.
- Leads research projects under the IRB.
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs
and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of activities,
the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major
impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of
personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring
practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors. Reviews
performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations.
Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as
needed. What qualifications you will need:
- Florida RN licensure required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree
- 3-5+ years experience of acute hospital experience with
leadership responsibilities required
- 3-5+ years progressive management experience required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained
within 60 months of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained
within 30 days of employment start dateThis role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital is a 230-bed acute care
hospital. We serve the communities of Seminole and West Volusia
County. At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to the care and
improvement of human life. We are a Level II Trauma Center. We
provide the only full-service cardiovascular program. Our program
offers open-heart surgery and interventional cardiology.
Electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation, and comprehensive
diagnostic services are also offered by this program. Other
services that we provide include orthopedic and spine care, as well
as robotic surgery. We offer acute inpatient medical rehabilitation
and complete imaging services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join our family of over 180 hospitals and
about 2,000 sites of care to drive excellence and raise the bar for
our over 35 million annual patient encounters.We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible. HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID
#1-INFOR-334207. Pay package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40 hours
per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title: Director Med
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Sanford , Director Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $82K-107K per year, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!