Assistant Store Manager
Company: Safelite Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Does this position interest you? You should apply - even if you
don't match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass
company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass,
we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and
encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever
Assistant Store Managers are results-driven leaders who support and
lead the success of a retail operation by executing on strategy and
following best practices. In partnership with the Store Manager,
they manage the store and must create a culture of high performance
and high engagement while identifying and developing the next
generation of leaders. Critical accountability of this role is
driving execution: they must work through a team to lead the daily
operations and drive their store's business results. They must take
a thoughtful approach to their work, consistently identifying what
levers to pull to drive results in partnership with the Store
Manager. To maintain a strong customer focus and drive sales, they
must create a highly engaging culture and promote a best-in-class
customer experience. They must hold people accountable and
consistently deliver on the promise to the customer. To prepare for
the future, they also must identify, build, develop, and retain
strong teams that include Technicians and Repair Specialists. To be
successful, they must be good communicators, strong team builders,
and good collaborators. They must execute the organization's best
practices and processes. They must be flexible and adaptable as
Safelite's business model continues to evolve.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't
be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams
that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary
results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort,
heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care
about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need
to be happy at work and at home.
Team Development and Retention
- Partner with the Store Manager on the full cycle of talent
fundamentals, including hiring, onboarding, training, development,
performance management, termination, culture and engagement of
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current needs of
the store in partnership with Store Manager.
- Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize
stretch assignments for Repair Specialists and Technicians.
- Provide regular coaching and development that focuses on
recalibrations, productivity, quality, NPS and VAPs.
- Create a rewarding and positive work environment that
encourages the retention of associates. Identify and address any
barriers to retention, including managing associate work-related
Business and Strategy Implementation
- Support the execution on annual plans for a store by partnering
with the Store Manager, delegating through the team and ensuring
alignment with the district direction.
- Quantify business outcomes (i.e. revenue, NPS, job completion
rate, time to serve, wiper sales, quality, profitability, COE,
associate retention and engagement).
- Responsible for all aspects of the store operations and
management, including but not limited to safety, facility
management, inventory management, and timecard records.
- Build a culture that prioritizes driving a great, memorable,
and easy customer experience.
- Monitor and address all customer service metrics (e.g.,
- Identify and remove barriers and obstacles where necessary.
- Work across organizational boundaries to achieve results,
frequently collaborating with critical colleagues such as the store
managers, warehouse managers, dispatchers, and regional operation
Operational Best Practices
- Implement best practices from the playbook in their store and
encourage others to do the same. --- Address challenges and remove
obstacles to best practices.
ATTRIBUTES / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED; OR
- 3-5 years leadership and supervision experience, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Physical requirements are inclusive of, but not limited to, the
following: o Ability to work from the Store location
- The ability to operate a company vehicle safely and
courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures
relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and
regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving
record that falls within the Company requirements.
- Ability to satisfy all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
requirements as outlined in the Field Supplemental Handbook (e.g.,
- Ability to occasionally lift windshields, up to 35 pounds
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under
tough circumstances. For example devotes considerable effort to
surpassing goals and achieving the best possible results; goes
above and beyond to achieve excellence. Drives ahead with great
focus when faced with obstacles and setbacks; maintains
productivity and a positive attitude.
- Develops Talent - Develops people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals. For example, shares own
experience and expertise with others if asked. Provides
constructive feedback and support for other people's
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to
meet commitments. For example, tracks performance and strives to
remain effective, learning from both successes and failures.
Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks and has a reputation
for delivering on commitments.
- Change Management - Communicates change and the reasons for
change effectively. Prepares appropriate change plans for the
workforce and anticipates and mitigates confusion, resistance, and
- Operational Best Practices - Implements best practices in the
stores. Utilizes the playbook in their store, utilizing best
practices and addressing challenges and removing obstacles to the
implementation of best practices.
- Customer Service Delivery - Understands the full customer
experience and holds others accountable for meeting high customer
service standards. Oversees critical metrics and works to create
mitigation plans when customer service is not being delivered to an
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we
do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service
brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at
our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people
come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a
fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be
the best place you'll ever work.
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply
through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse
workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on
benefit elections during enrollment.
Keywords: Safelite Group, Inc., Sanford , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!