Application Development Manager
Company: GOVERNMENT BRANDS HOLDCO INC
Posted on: August 3, 2022
About the Company: Pioneer Technology Group is a fast growing
Software Technology Company, with benefits including Health,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and a company 401k plan with
employer matching. Also included is ten paid holidays and paid time
off. Pioneer is privately owned and staffed with energetic
professionals that believe in making the company the best in the
industry. Pioneer Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Manages multiple application development and QA squads
(legacy monolithic on-prem and new SaaS-cloud development) and
implements policies and procedures related to the design, analysis,
testing, coding, and implementation of applications. Enhances
operations by establishing metrics, analyzing processes, and
implementing standard methodologies, tools, and best practices to
ensure high-quality deliverables.
Reviews development proposals, projects, timelines, resources, and
costs. Leads feedback processes for peer reviews, code reviews, and
design reviews. Establishes a performance culture by incorporating
individual and team coaching and mentoring to achieve excellence.
May manage outsourcing budgets, vendors, or offshore resources.
Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their
jobs. A true first-level manager for development teams. Has full
authority for personnel actions.
- Manages multiple cross-functional Agile development teams
utilizing the principles and tools of the Scrum Framework. Assumes
a leadership role to ensure SDLC adherence, code reviews, resource
performance development, and strategy alignment.
- Supports the sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, sprint
reviews, demos, and retrospectives with the Scrum Master. Supports
and coaches the team in overcoming blockers in the
- Supports, coaches, and mentors team members. Tracks daily
sprint progress and maintain schedules.
- Supports overall agile transformation of the software portfolio
by coaching, guiding, and instilling agile best practices into the
current team and forming a guiding coalition in collaboration with
other Scrum Masters to achieve velocity and customer
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the
solution and managing complex projects with significant bottom-line
- Works with product managers in developing a strategy and road
map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on
amazon.in the marketplace that helps them succeed in their business
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical
design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and
documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver
high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production
- Career management and development of direct reports, hiring,
and leadership of teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination
of technical education and work experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience; 3+ years of
experience in building and leading strong engineering
- Hands-on technical expertise in on-prem and
- Solid software development background including design
patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in building web services and
highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Managed a team of 5+ engineers
- Agile Coaching
- Agile Management
- Project Scheduling
- Scope Management
- Scrum Master
- Stakeholder Management
- Technical Project Management
- Application lifecycle management (ALM) Software
- Bug Tracking Software & Agile Lifecycle Software Experience
- DevOps experience
- Interest and experience with customer service and providing
- You have a drive and take ownership
- You look for risks and problems proactively and work to avert
or resolve them quickly
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Saas / Cloud experience
- The ability to listen well and check for understanding,
especially when translating functional requirements to technical
- Delights in the clear presentation of data in
- Enthusiasm for teaching others
- Experience with on-prem, legacy monolithic software and cloud
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: GOVERNMENT BRANDS HOLDCO INC, Sanford , Application Development Manager, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!