Sanitation Manager- Floating Shift
Company: The Father's Table
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Are you an experienced food safety professional with a passion
for creating a safe and healthy work environment, who enjoys being
a part of continuous improvement, and looking for an opportunity to
grow with an innovative leader in the dessert industry?
SUMMARYThe Sanitation Manager provides leadership to the Sanitation
team to achieve full plant compliance with all personnel safety,
food safety, sanitation/cleaning requirements pertaining to all
federal, state and customer requirements and the food safety and
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in food science or related area; or equivalent
experience with at least 5 - 7 years sanitation management
experience within the food industry.
- 5-7 years food processing sanitation experience including
- Experience with Safety, HACCP, GMP's standards, safe chemical
handling, forklift operations, and the chemistry of proper
- Must demonstrate proven critical thinking, people and team
development skills, strategic aptitude, and independent
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment with
facilities, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Able to communicate well, both orally and written.
- Able to understand and analyze issues involving food
manufacturing, project management, mathematics (including
statistics), and technical and legal documents.
- Able to understand issues in relation to product manufacturing
operations and their impact.
- Able to provide supervision, guidance, effective training, and
counsel to others.
- Able to effectively organize, coordinate, and execute.
- Able to understand food and environmental regulations and their
impact on the organization and our customers.
- Able to understand technical documents, prints, and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications Production
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Ensure the safety and
legality of food.
- Development and maintenance of master sanitation schedule logs
and sign off forms.
- Maintain all pertinent records, reports and other paperwork as
- Working cross functionally and collaboratively with Operations,
QA, Maintenance and Chemical Supply Vendors, develop, implement and
continuously improve on sanitation programs, policies, and key
- Manage Chemical Supplier.
- Review all plant monthly sanitation reports for outstanding
action items requiring corrective action. Ensure monthly meetings
are held with the Chemical Supply company to ensure closure of all
action items. Include plant and operations team members as
- Evaluate current and new chemicals and sanitation tools and
provide feedback and recommendation for use.
- Create and deliver education and technical support to ensure
effective deployment and implementation of company sanitation and
food safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that manufacturing facilities have the systems,
knowledge, capabilities, and practices to comply with all pertinent
food regulations and company procedures with respect to
- Conduct periodic sanitation audits against the consistent
application and execution of procedures and all related sanitation
- Manage Sanitation Verification Programs.
- Provide standardized procedures, testing, and data management
- Monitor emerging issues related to sanitation and food safety
and develop strategies and policies accordingly. Ensure sanitation
goals and objectives are clearly defined and current for each
- Ensure all company SSOP's are current and annually reviewed.
Assist plants with creation of their SSOP's. Provide technical
support and advise Operations management on effectiveness of plant
sanitation and cleaning programs (SSOP's).
- Guide manufacturing facilities during special plant sanitation
issues including Construction, Equipment relocation,
microbiological and environmental control.
- Assist in plant startup activities that will include reviewing
SSOP documentation and cleaning verification documents. Participate
in new plant design and ensure engineering standards are met.
- Responsible for ensuring food safety, food defense and
compliance with federal, state, local, & other appropriate
regulatory laws or guidelines.
- Perform other duties assigned as required.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department's area of
responsibility; schedules and organizesstaff to ensure proper
staffing of all shifts.
- Hires and trains new employees within their area of
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and
in accordance with company policy.
- Other duties assigned as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Father's Table is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability,
marital or veteran status, genetic information or sexual
orientation/gender identity, place of national origin, and other
categories protected by law are not factors in employment,
promotion, compensation, or working conditions.
Keywords: The Father's Table, Sanford , Sanitation Manager- Floating Shift, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!