HIV Case Manager
Company: True Health
Posted on: January 10, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe HIV Case Manager provides comprehensive case
management services and care to individuals seeking PrEP and those
living with HIV/AIDS. The HIV Case Manager works with patients to
ensure the highest quality of services are provided. They must
provide patients and their families with educational information in
conjunction with direct care providers related to treatment,
procedures, medications, and continuing care requirements. They
work with administration, staff, and patients to reach healthcare
goals and keep the lines of communication open. The HIV Case
Manager will maintain a caseload by assessing and monitoring client
needs for specific health, psychological and social services, and
facilitating access to services that address those needs to keep
clients in medical care.
- Provide Medical Case Management services including intake,
assessment, care plan development, resource development and
referral, coordination of services, monitoring, reassessment, and
- Work with internal staff to run reports as needed from the
electronic health record.
- Serve as a community resource for patients, pharmaceutical
companies, and others.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all client information.
- Complete progress log documentation for all client
- Maintain medical case management billing.
- Coordinate medical services for clients in order to maintain
health outcomes outlined by the provider.
- Attend treatment team meetings and work closely with medical
providers to help clients improve their medical outcomes.
- Work effectively with other community service providers to
ensure optimal quality of services offered to clients and to
develop new resources to meet the needs of clients .
- Provide medical treatment adherence counseling and prevention
education to clients.
- Assist clients in assessing eligibility for and enrolling in
health insurance coverage.
- Assist other medical case managers in the performance of their
duties when needed.
- Inform Medical Case Management Supervisor of
challenging/difficult situations that arise or are
- Must be willing to travel as necessary for client home visits,
training, and other assignments.
- Attend functions as required.
- Plan with the patient, family/caregiver, primary care provider,
support staff, payers, and the community resources, to maximize
healthcare responses, quality, and cost-effective outcomes.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between members of
the healthcare team, involve the patient in the decision-making
process to minimize fragmentation in the services.
- Educate the patient, family or caregiver, and members of the
healthcare delivery team about treatment options, community
resources, insurance benefits, psychosocial concerns, care
coordination, etc., so that timely and informed decisions can be
- Empower the patient to problem-solve by exploring options of
care, when available, and alternative plans, when necessary, to
achieve desired outcomes.
- Encourage the appropriate use of healthcare services and strive
to improve quality of care and maintain cost effectiveness on a
- Assist the patient in the safe transitioning of care to the
next most appropriate level.
- Strive to promote patient self-advocacy and
- Advocate for the patient to facilitate positive outcomes for
the patient, health care team, and payers.
- Stay involved and active with quality improvement
- Assist the referral department with referral tracking:
including documentation, phone calls and sending out reminder
letters of patients pending referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a human service field.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- One (1) year minimum experience in care coordination / case
- Completion of accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current Florida Licensed, active and in good standing if LPN
- Computer competency is required.ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual is a plus (English / Spanish).
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- Must interact well with diverse populations - LGBTQ, IDU,
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Willingness to acquire certification in HIV and rapid
- Valid driver's license and vehicle liability coverage.
- Acceptable driving record and criminal background check.
- Knowledge of HIVRELATIONSHIP REPORTING
- Reports to Care Coordination ManagerPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand and or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions for
extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff
Keywords: True Health, Sanford , HIV Case Manager, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!