RN / Critical Care Nursing / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Director of Critical Care Job
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital
and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and
west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service
in Seminole and west Volusia, including , , , and comprehensive .
Other specialized services include , , , , complete and . Central
Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between
S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been
designated a and provides both in Sanford and at , a department of
Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake
Road. Director of Critical Care:
Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and
accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for
assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's
standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet
legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of
interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Develops and implements effective, ongoing programs to measure,
monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered
to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core
measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with
other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining
appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient
needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others
in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner. "
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is
provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and
their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration
with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team
in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with
physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate
discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to
appropriate community resources.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands
role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and
service delivery to meet stakeholder needs."
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans
to ensure compliance and address performance improvement
- Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with
departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized
professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for
reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the
patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which
results in patient harm.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues. Qualifications
Education: Bachelor Degree required, BSN or Master's Degree
preferred from an accredited college or university &...
Keywords: HCA., Sanford , RN / Critical Care Nursing / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Director of Critical Care Job, Executive , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!