Diesel Pump Technician
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2023
DescriptionWe're Hiring for a Diesel Pump Technician! If you are
excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider
joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water
technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is
dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues. We
are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding
customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At
Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by
participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark ! THE
ROLE : The Mobile Technician will be responsible for
troubleshooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem products
(pumps, electrical and electronic equipment) in a safe and
efficient manner in a Xylem Service Center, customer job site or
via phone. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid
Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision,
investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous
benefits. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES : To perform the job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- Troubleshoot Godwin Dri Prime diesel engine and pump end issues
and repair/rebuild as necessary.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and
service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any
damage to the Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list, manually
or digitally, for assigned product. Review list of parts with
Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping
systems on customer job sites as needed. Assist in the performance
of start-up duties and ensure any problems are resolved.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S
guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist
customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Perform on-site start-up service for specified Xylem Water
- Provide installation assistance for Xylem Water Solutions
products to contractors, customers and OEM for designated Xylem
Water Solutions products.
- Perform on-site repairs with the aid of the "Shop-On-Wheels" or
other mobile service vehicles and equipment, as assigned.
- Troubleshoot units and components of various systems employing
Xylem Water Solutions products.
- Provide technical and labor assistance in other areas of the
service operation when not actively performing field service
- Disseminate service information and provide informal/hands-on
training at customer's locations.
- Maintain accurate service records.
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and equipment provided for the
execution and delivery of service products in an operational and
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year technical
training or equivalent preferred
- Three to five years of experience and/or formal training or
combination of education and training
- Three to five years of equipment maintenance experience
- Two years electrical panel troubleshooting and maintenance
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical issues
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and
techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of DC electric components
- Knowledge of 3-phase and single-phase systems and motors
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers
and managers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Basic understanding of multi-meter and meg-ohm meter
- Basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFD) and/or soft start
- DOT Medical card or ability to obtain (CDL not required)
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a basic
understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring
- The ability to program PLCs, VFDs and other electronic
components used in the motor controls industries
- Knowledge of SCADA controls and integration of MODBUS
- Demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Requires a functional understanding of the theory and practical
application of pumping systems and the ability to discuss and
convey theories, specifications and practices, with Operators,
Contractors and Engineers. DAY IN THE LIFE : In this role, the
working environment is a manufacturing/shop environment subject to
loud noise and fumes within OSHA standards. The physical demands
may include but not limited to prolonged standing on concrete
floors, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and moderate bending
and stooping.At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create
avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our
DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind
and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and
gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital
status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Sanford , Diesel Pump Technician, Engineering , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!