Diesel Mechanic - Seminole County Fire- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: March 9, 2023
First Vehicle Services is now hiring an EVT Diesel Mechanic for
our shop serving Seminole County Fire!First things First: Who are
we? First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States. Why join First as an EVT Diesel
- $25 - $40 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:00 am 3:30 pm OR 11:00 am 8:00 PM full-time
shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Must adhere to on-call schedule based on a rotational
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the EVT Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel
Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and
repair Pierce Fire Engines and Sutphen Ladder Apparatus. (Cummins
Engines, Allison Transmissions) to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases,
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.EVT Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- EVT Certifications are highly preferred - We will train!
- At least 3 - 5 year of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason.Get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Sanford , Diesel Mechanic - Seminole County Fire- First Group, Engineering , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...