Diesel Mechanic - Seminole County Fire
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: November 21, 2022
First Vehicle Services is now hiring an EVT Diesel Mechanic for
our shop serving Seminole County Fire! First things First: Who are
we? First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States. Why join First as an EVT Diesel
- $18 - $35 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Mondy - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm OR 11:00 am - 8:00 PM
full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Must adhere to on-call schedule based on a rotational
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the EVT Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and
repair Pierce Fire Engines and Sutphen Ladder Apparatus. (Cummins
Engines, Allison Transmissions) to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases,
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. EVT Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed - We train!
- EVT Certifications are highly preferred - We will train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test. Get your career on the road with First
Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce;
therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Sanford , Diesel Mechanic - Seminole County Fire, Engineering , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!