Posted on: August 5, 2022
SUMMARYHernon Manufacturing, Inc. - produces high-performance
adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED
curing lights. Hernon - maintains a library of over 5000 unique
adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized
formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full
in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing
and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine
division which allows Hernon - to build, service, and integrate
unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications.
This horizontal integration helps Hernon - provide customers with a
Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in
Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100
distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already
shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon - can provide adhesive
solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the
Hernon Manufacturing's objective is to continuously improve our
products and services to meet our customer's needs. We are
committed to the efficient delivery of quality products
worldwide.Hernon is in sunny Central Florida within an hour of
beaches, theme parks, state parks, hiking and biking trails, and
more. We offer competitive compensation and many benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a matching 401k.
-REQUIREMENTSMinimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering Technology, Controls Engineering, or related technical
degree. Experience may supersede degree requirements.
- 3 to10 years of experience in programming PLC and other control
devices of industrial automated equipment
- Proven automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLCs, and motion
control system design.
- Proven Automation Software development experience with one or
more of the following control platforms.- Allen Bradly Studio 5000-
Siemens TIA Portal- Keyence KV Studios and VT Studios- B&R
Automation Studios- Predevelopment Documentation to communicate
software design intent.- Operations documentation to document
software and machine operation.
- Proficient in interpreting hardware design documentation,
including electrical Schematics in AutoCAD Electrical, panel
layouts in 2D (AutoCAD Electrical) and/or 3D (Solid Works)
- Operations Documentation.
- Electrical design experience is a plus.
- Industrial Communication Networks like Ethernet, Ethernet I/P,
Modbus RTU and TCP/IP, ProfiNet and Powerlink
- Robotic programming experience is a plus
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to
completion that may include a variety of complex features,
conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements,
and the need to coordinate the work of others
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment,
tools, and office equipment
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push 25 pounds and
lift 20-50 pounds
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English
language, including the ability to communicate with C-level
- Good communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and
the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Train others in the company or customers with provided or
TravelApproximately 10% but up to 25% local and international
travel may be required at times to support installation and
RESPONSIBILITIESPosition SummaryAs a Controls Engineer, you will
perform software design and programming of equipment, giving
functionality to mechanical designs.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accountability for complete project execution of PLC and HMI
programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Design, upgrade and troubleshoot control systems based on
company guidelines and/or to our client's requirements.
- Design, upgrade and troubleshoot HMI applications based on
company guidelines and/or to our client's requirements.
- Create/Follow design and control specifications according to
company guidelines and/or the client's desired standards.
- Participate in the evaluation of company proposals and customer
project/equipment specifications for the determination of optimal
machine control architecture.
- Assist in defining controls architecture, platform, and system
- Manage project goals, tasks, resources, and schedules to
deliver on time and on budget.
- Identify improvement opportunities in existing systems
- Perform field commissioning based on customer goals and project
Work Environment and Physical DemandsThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The bulk of the work is performed on-site but the duties of the
Electrical/Controls Engineer also require exposure to manufacturing
areas which require the use of personal protective equipment
including but not limited to safety glasses with side shields and
mandatory hearing protection.
Job Type: Full-timeSchedule:
- 8-hour shifts on-site
- Weekend availability when required
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- 3 to10 years of experience building automated machines
- Manufacturing and Assembly automation experience a Plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
functions. -While performing the duties of this position, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required
to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. -The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this position include close vision, distance
vision, and the ability to adjust focus. -The noise level in the
work environment is usually low to moderate.
Note:This job description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Keywords: Hernon, Sanford , Electrical/Controls Engineer, Engineering , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!