Structural Design Engineer - Aluminum Manufacturing
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: June 13, 2022
This is an Interesting Structural Engineering Job in Sanford FL
(North Orlando area).
This role is a neat mix of Structural Design, and interfacing with
Clients and Shop Floor Technicicans with the Manufacture of
Design this week, Manufacture Next week! Cool Stuff!! Hands on
Responsibilities include engineering design, technical support, and
quality control of Dock and Marine aluminum structures such as
gangways, floating docks, pedestrian bridges, small platforms,
stairs, and other aluminum fabricated structures.
- Produce calculations packages and shop drawings for
prefabricated marine access structures, aluminum pedestrian
bridges, and other aluminum structures for projects throughout the
United States and internationally.
- Coordinate internal and external peer review of calculations
and shop drawings and delivery of packages to customers. Address
review comments and develop and coordinate release of fabrication
- Coordinate with sales representatives to provide cost estimates
and quotations to clients.
- Provide operational support for fabrication of structures and
purchasing of materials when required.
- Serve as primary technical support resource to sales
representatives for all products and applications. Draw upon
expertise and resources within company as needed to fulfill
technical support needs.
- Assists management with improvements to company expertise and
know-how for all applications. Work with marketing to integrate
this expertise into sales tools, training and marketing
- Develop relationships with key personnel and agencies that help
deliver specification acceptance and/or product approval.
- Ensure that all technical support provided by engineering
department is in accordance with appropriate policies, standards,
design codes and project specific requirements.
- Participate in developing and maintaining design procedures and
guidelines for the design of products.
- Conduct all business in an ethical, trustworthy
- Obtain and maintain Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program of the
plant as directed by the Plant Manager
- Four year Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
from an accredited University. Structural Engineering focus
- Professional Engineering License in Civil
Engineering/Structural Engineering is a Plus.
- 5+ years previous structural engineering design experience is
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD or Solidworks is
- Experience in marine construction and dock design is
- Experience with aluminum fabrication is highly
- Knowledge of ASCE Manual of Practice 50 is highly
- Knowledge of Marinas and Small Craft Harbors by Tobiasson and
Kollmeyer is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of ASCE 7 Standards and IBC is required.
- Working knowledge of the Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) is a
- Knowledge of structural engineering concepts and
- Possess ability to develop strong relationships within the
Apply today and take your Career to the Next Level!
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Sanford , Structural Design Engineer - Aluminum Manufacturing, Engineering , Sanford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!